Homeowners who are looking to put siding on their homes have a lot of options. The United States Census Bureau has reported that vinyl siding is the most popular of the house siding materials on the market today. Developed in the 1950s, as of 2012, at least 33% of all new homes had it. Experts in exterior design say they do not see any slowing down in its popularity.
The vinyl siding of today is a far cry from what was created in the 1950s. Technological advances in manufacturing have greatly improved all types of house siding and vinyl siding is no different. Changes in this technology that have been introduced over the last ten years have created a renewed interest in the material.
There are a lot of good reasons to choose this kind of siding if you are looking to add siding or switch out the siding that covers your home. Some of them are:
- You have a lot of options. People are not always aware of the fact that vinyl siding is one of the most versatile house siding materials on the market. It comes with a wide array of siding colors, trim and textures. Other accessories can be added to change up its look. Moreover, you can get vinyl siding that looks like other materials. These include slate, wood and stone. The color of your vinyl siding will last a long time.
- Vinyl siding lets you show off the best features of your home. You can have your vinyl siding designed to show off the best architectural features of your home. It can be used to look good on any style of home. In fact, many historical home renovations are using vinyl siding because of this aspect of the siding material.
- Vinyl siding lasts a long time. In terms of dealing with the elements, vinyl siding is one of the best house siding materials on the market. It is able to handle heat, moisture, cold and high winds. It does all of this without losing its original shape and appearance. It even is able to maintain its performance abilities over a long period of time. It has been designed to withstand winds of 200 miles per hour. The United States sees some of the most violent weather on the planet so house siding materials that can stand up to this kind of wind are very appealing to many homeowners. Most vinyl siding manufacturers offer lifetime warranties because of this durability.
- It is environmentally friendly. More and more homebuyers and homeowners are looking for green options for their homes. While it may not seem like it, vinyl siding is one of the most green house siding materials around. It will outlast most other siding materials or home cladding materials. This includes brick. Another feature of the home siding material that makes it more environmentally friendly is its insulation ability. The insulation provided by vinyl siding makes the home a lot more energy efficient. This helps homes with this kind of siding become Energy Star rated homes and lowers the energy bills of the homeowner.
- It is easy to install. Out of all of the house siding options, vinyl siding is one of the easiest to install. One of the reasons for this is that it can be put over the siding that is already on the house. This makes it a good retrofit option. The ease of installation makes it a lot more affordable because of the savings on the costs of labor.
- It is very easy to maintain. You do not need to paint vinyl siding. It only needs some cleaning with water and some kind of mild soap. It is also impervious to damage from insects, rotting or cracking.
- Vinyl siding is affordable. Most of the affordability of this kind of home siding comes from the fact that it can be installed over other siding materials that might already be on the home. The life cycle cost is much lower than for other house siding materials.
- Vinyl siding makes the home safer. First of all, it can stand up to wind. Second, it can stand up to fire. Vinyl siding is one of the new house siding materials that meets the requirements set down by the National Fire Protection Association.
Trackback from your site.