There are a lot of things you can do to make your home sell faster. Whether home buyers are looking at single family homes or luxury condos, staging the home will make it sell faster. Here are some of the benefits of the right home staging.
- Staging a home ups the chances that it will sell. Your goal is to sell your home for the highest price you can get. Your chances for success go up dramatically when you stage the home. Staging homes is a way to show them in the best light possible. When home buyers tour single family homes that have been staged properly, they can see their family in that space and are more likely to make an offer.
- Staging makes your home look well maintained. Whether your home is actually well maintained or not, staging makes it look like it is. When home buyers tour single family homes or luxury real estate, they make a lot of judgements about the property. They want to get the number of rooms they will need but they also look at how well the home has been maintained. When you stage your home, you showcase how well you have kept up your home.
- Staging your home makes it worth the price. When home buyers head out to look at single family homes or condos for sale, they do so after they do their research on the market and the property values in the different neighborhoods where they are looking. It is estimated that at least 92% of all home buyers do some research on the internet before they look at homes. You will be in a better position to justify your asking price when you stage your home to look its best. This is important if you want to get the best price for your home.
- You can make your home seem larger with proper staging. The first thing most real estate agents tell their clients to do is de-clutter their homes. This, in and of itself, is a great way to make your home look bigger. Another thing you can do is arrange your furniture so that you maximize the space in your home. By removing a lot of your clutter and some of your furniture, you expand the look of your home and this can have a dramatic effect. The last thing you want is for your home to look cramped. Most experts at staging homes emphasize the flow of the rooms.
- Give each room a purpose. For the most part, people use their rooms for many different purposes. When you stage your home, you give each room one purpose only. Part of staging a home correctly means you give each space its own purpose. This makes the home more attractive to buyers, even if that is only on a subconscious level.
- You help home buyers put themselves in your home. When you have removed all of your personal clutter, including photos and other knickknacks, you can help prospective home buyers envision themselves and their families in your space. Most real estate agents encourage their clients to depersonalize their homes so they become more of a blank slate upon which a new family can put themselves. When home buyers see a lot of personal touches in a home, they have a harder time connecting with that property.
- You get your packing started early. One of the things real estate agents tell people to do is remove about half of their stuff from the home before they put it on the market. What a lot of people do is pack up their belongings and put them in storage for the duration of the time the home is on the market. If you are selling your home, you know that you are going to have to pack your stuff up at some point. Most single family homes are full of stuff that needs to be packed before home buyers come looking. This gives you a chance to get a jump start on your packing.
When you want to sell your home, the proper staging will help you get the right price and in the right time frame for you and your family.