The United States is one of the most religious countries on the planet. By far, the most practiced religion is Christianity. At least 68% of people around the country say they go to church, if not every week, on occasion. At least 40% of people in the nation say they are very religious and say it has an important role in their day to day lives, according to a poll by Gallup. The church steeple is one of the most prominent and important features of a church. For centuries, the church was located in the center of town. It was the biggest building for miles. People looked to it when they wanted to know the time or when there were problems the community needed to address. If needed, making steeple repairs was something the community came together to handle. In today’s more complicated world, the church is no longer at the center of town. It is important to find ways to keep your church in good shape and avoid needing steeple repairs. Here are some tips for that:
- Plan your steeple carefully. If you are constructing a new church or have to replace it, you need to be careful when it comes to your church steeple design. Think about your church steeple plans in terms of what is best for the church and the congregation. No longer is this the biggest building in town, in most cases, and the building itself may serve a very different function from churches in the past. Many congregations expect church steeple crosses to be put on their preferred worship site. You can work with designers and you can find church steeples prices that fit your budget. The spiritual function of the steeple should not be overlooked.
- Think about how large you need your steeple to be. Not every size steeple is appropriate for every church. Larger structures may require more steeple repairs but also, as important as this feature is, you do not want your building to be too top heavy. Some church administrators will put a steeple that is just too large for the church building itself and the results are awkward and a bit off putting, at best. Experts recommend getting a steeple that should be no more than 10% the length of the church itself.
- Put in something to protect your steeple from lightening. This is one of reasons churches seek out steeple repair. In the meantime, you have a church steeple that has been burned by lightening. This is not the look you are going for. Most of the time, when lightening strikes a church, steeple repair is not even possible (sometimes it is) and the whole thing needs to be replaced. What you can do is install a copper or aluminum lightening rod that attracts the lightening and brings it safely to the ground. You can get help form the steeple builder for the right kind of lightening rod for your area. Do not skip this step. The United States has some of the worst weather on the planet and thunder storms are a big part of that. You should also check with your city or town to get the regulations you will need to follow for this.
- Talk to cell phone companies. Your church is not a profit center, nor should you try to make it one but you may be able to get a cell phone carrier to install a cell tower in your steeple. By leasing your tower space to a cell phone carrier, you can offset the costs associated with building the steeple. Make sure you discuss this with the people in your congregation as it can sometimes cause more strife than it is worth.
- Think about fiberglass. New techniques for building steeples include using this versatile and easy to maintain material has become more and more popular. You can get the look you want and it may cost you less as this is easier to install than other materials. Some people worry that the fiberglass steeple will not look as good or will look cheap but they can have any look you want.
Your church steeple can be what you need it to be with these tips.
Trackback from your site.