Furniture shopping can be a very stressful experience, especially when you’re doing it online. Granted, you’re bypassing the pushy salespeople, and likely sitting at home in your pajamas while you browse furniture options, which sounds very relaxing. However, there’s no one there to ask your questions to, you don’t get to see the furniture in person before buying, and believe it or not, there are people out there that are looking to scam you. Here’s a list of furniture buying tips for when you’re furniture shopping online.
- DO your research! Google the store or person you’re buying from to find out if they’re a legitimate or reputable seller.
- DO check the return policy. There’s always a chance the item will arrive damaged, or that you just won’t end up liking it. You want to make sure you can return it if necessary.
- DO figure out assembly. You’ll want to figure out if you’ll have to assemble the item once it arrives, and make sure you’re up to the challenge.
- DO check it out. Find out if the item is available locally, and if it is, go take a look in person.
- DO confirm the color. Be sure to read the description of the item’s color. Computer monitors can vary, and colors aren’t always accurately represented.
- DO pay close attention to the size. Make sure the item will fit through your door, up or down the stairs, and will fit appropriately in the space you want it to go.
- DON’T forget to read the reviews. Reviews of the item and the seller are very important, to give you an idea of the experiences other customers have had in your situation.
- DON’T just skim. Be sure to read the fine print, including all the information about the item, returns, shipping, etc.
- DON’T forget about shipping. Make sure you take the cost of shipping into account. Shipping prices can be high, particularly if you have to cross a border.
Finding the best furniture deals online can be exciting, but make sure that the offers you come across are legitimate. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Furniture shopping requires a lot of research, but it’s all worth it when you find just the right item for the right price. See this reference for more: www.carolinafactoryoutlet.com