Imagine this: it’s a bright, sunshine-y day and you’re watching the birds flutter in and out of the trees; you’re watching the leaves blowing on the trees; you’re soaking up the sun’s rays and really enjoying the beautiful day.
You can certainly enjoy all those things by being outside, but you can also enjoy them from the comfort of your own home by looking out a brand new set of replacement windows. Not only can brand new window installation allow you to enjoy the beauty of nature, it can also save you money. Energystar.gov estimates that replacing standard windows with more energy efficient ones can lower energy bills anywhere from 7 to 15%
When it comes to replace window installation, there are no shortage of options and plenty of benefits. If you’re thinking about replacement window installation, here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Improved Safety: When it comes to preventing break-ins, brand new replacement windows can be just what you need to stay safe. These days there are many kinds of replacement windows have reinforced glass and tempered glass that will stay together if it’s broken. Another option is laminated glass, which has an interlayer made of polymer that helps hold glass together if it shatters to aid in preventing break-ins. Bottom line, you can pick from several options that will keep your home safer.
- Better Home Value: When you go through replacement window installation, there’s a good chance that you can recoup the money and increase the value of your home. If you’ve got new tempered glass windows for example, that can be a good selling point if you ever want to sell your home.
- Easy Maintenance: Getting replacement windows with today’s advances in design can make your home safer and they can also be very easy to maintain. Window contractors can install brand new windows that will last a long time and are very easy to clean. In some cases, you might just need to give them a quick wipe or you can install shades or curtains to reduce cleaning time.
- Adding Tint: Another option for replacement window installation is getting tinted ones or using window film. Tinted windows can lower energy costs and offer comfort as well as additional protection from UV rays. It’s another layer of added protection you can use to keep yourself, your home, your car and your valuables safer.
- Lower Energy Costs: As previously mentioned, getting replacement windows can end up saving you quite a bit of money over time. The upfront cost of the window installation might be a little high, but over time you’ll end up saving money because your windows are well insulated and you’re protected from the elements.
Depending on where you live, different window companies have different types and styles of windows are offered for different climates. Let’s face it, whether you live in the cold of Alaska or the never-ending heat of the South, you’re going to need windows that will help you regulate the temperature in your home.
- UV Protection: Natural light coming in through a window can be great when you want to curl up with a good book, but over time too much sunlight can have some negative effects. If you’ve got furniture near windows, sunlight can cause it to fade. Fortunately, a lot of today’s window styles can protect your home’s interior from the sun and can block a large percentage of UV rays.
- Looking good: Getting replacement windows installed in your home can keep you safer and reduce energy costs, but it can also make your home look good. New windows can make a home look more appealing to onlookers from the outside and can also increase your home’s value as previously mentioned.
Whether you’re looking to protect your home’s interior from sun damage, lower your energy bills or make your home a little safer, replacement windows can provide all those benefits and more. A local window company can help you find the right residential windows for all your home needs.